- Covered Dishes (click on pic, then "Description" for more info)
- Handmade, New, Stoneware Fermentation Crock (Onggi)
Handmade, New, Stoneware Fermentation Crock (Onggi)
This unique ceramic fermentation crock (onggi) was handmade on the pottery wheel using a durable light colour stoneware clay with beautiful brown and blue glazes.
This fermentation crock features a deep rim to fill with water to seal odors in and fruit flies out and comes with custom made weights.
This crock measures 10 1/4" tall and 9 1/2" in diameter and will hold 1 gallon of your favourite kim chee or sauerkraut.
* this piece is oven, microwave and dishwasher safe.
* for oven use, always place stoneware in a cold oven and allow the dish to warm as the oven preheats
* we only use lead free glaze for all functional work
This one of a kind fermentation crock was created and fired in our home studio in Madoc, Ontario by Jeff Stevens of Stevens Pottery.