- Covered Dishes (click on pic, then "Description" for more info)
- Handmade, New, Stoneware Fermentation Crock (Onggi)
Handmade, New, Stoneware Fermentation Crock (Onggi)
This unique ceramic fermentation crock (onggi) was handmade on the pottery wheel using a durable light colour stoneware clay with a beautiful brown glaze.
This fermentation crock features a deep rim to fill with water to seal odors in and fruit flies out and comes with custom made weights.
This crock measures 7 1/2" tall and 9" in diameter and will hold 10 cups of your favourite kim chee or sauerkraut.
* this piece is oven, microwave and dishwasher safe.
* for oven use, always place stoneware in a cold oven and allow the dish to warm as the oven preheats
* we only use lead free glaze for all functional work
This one of a kind fermentation crock was created and fired in our home studio in Madoc, Ontario by Jeff Stevens of Stevens Pottery.